Monday, February 2, 2015

Weekend Adventure : Skiing!



Happy February everyone!

I promised big changes for February and I am so excited to bring them to you guys. The first big change is going to be a series called "Weekend Adventure." 

The adventure this weekend was skiing at Hunter Mountain! I have never been before so it was definitely an adventure. Fun fact: I am not a winter person at all. My favorite part about snow is watching it from the warmth of the house. So the act of willingly going out in it for any reason is not my idea of fun. However it was a trip planned by Bri's coworkers, so I didn't want to miss out on a chance to meet some of his friends and their significant others. And plus, I like to at least try things before I decide that I hate them ;) 



I was outside on the skis for a total of about 20 minutes before I decided that I would never ski again. Highlights of the day included me throwing a mini temper tantrum, eating a ton of food and a fiasco on the ski lift that involved the attendant stopping the lift and making us stand to the side before allowing us to go back down on it (I had a major chicken out on the ride up). 

After a long day on the slopes (for everyone else), we went out to dinner at a local restaurant. The food was super good and the company was even better. I'm bummed that I didn't notice until after dinner that all the decorations on the wall were actually the antiques that were for sale! 





Overall, the day was a blast. I'm so glad to have met some of Bri's awesome coworkers and to try something different, even if I hated it. Hey, that's what life is all about, isn't it?

What adventures did you have this weekend?

No comments :