Monday, April 20, 2015

I'm Back! And With A New Word!




Hello There Friends,

I know it has been a long time. When we last left off, it was February and I was feeling so much pressure from myself to build this blog and my etsy shop, as well as balance a personal life and my job. Flash forward to April and a lot has changed! I no longer work in the city, and my commute time to my new job has been cut down to a lovely 25 minutes. This means I now have more time to devote to Holy Noley and I couldn't be happier about it. Seriously, ask anyone that I've talked to recently and they will tell you that I can't shut up about having more time to work on it. 

And working I have been! I am now an official small business owner, complete with tax license and all. You can check out my shop by clicking the link above. To be perfectly honest, I am a little obsessed with it and spend most of my free time doing something that relates to it. 

Now that I have a handle on the etsy side, I want to begin rebuilding this blog. I have so many big plans (I know, I know, you've heard it before....I'm serious this time! Third time is the charm!) and I can't wait to share them with you all. The beginning of which is my new Instagram and Facebook page! Click the icons on the right and like and follow to connect with me and keep up with everything I am doing for Holy Noley. As with everything so far, I am learning on the fly so feedback and support is always appreciated!

Which Leads Me To My "Word"

So I don't really remember where I heard this idea but I have a feeling it is from Eat, Pray, Love. Basically it is this concept that every person has a "word" that describes their life and outlook. For the past two years my word has been GRATITUDE. There are many reasons that made this my word, but the main one was that I decided that I wanted to focus more on the fantastically wonderful things that I had in my life, instead of all the heart aches and struggles I had. This has been one of the greatest decisions I have ever made for myself. Not only am I happier overall, but the positive energy that I am now channeling has drawn even better things into my life. I know it sounds cheesy, but it is 100% true. 

But now, I feel like my word is changing. Since I have been on this adventure of trying to build my own business and find my own spiritual self, I feel like a new word is more appropriate. This word is AUTHENTIC and I feel like it describes how I have been feeling perfectly. I want to become the most authentic person I can be. I'm tired of trying to be who I think I am supposed to be and just want to be me (if that makes sense to anyone but myself...) I want to be authentic, and I want to inspire others to do the same, whether it be here on my blog or through something that I have made. I feel like it is important to infuse yourself into everything you do, if only to make your mark on the world. I want to be able to bring you all blog posts and creative projects that are representations of my most authentic self. 

But now I am curious, does anyone else have a word? Or am I the only one?

No comments :