Friday, October 30, 2015

Fri-DIY: Props for Your Craft Booth (Part One!)




Hi friends! So if you follow me on Facebook or Instagram, you know that I am prepping for my first craft fair in November. Since I've never done one before, I obviously had no props or idea really of how I wanted the booth to look. After doing some research and some shopping I decided that these wooden pieces would really help me achieve the look I was going for. I also decided that I wanted to try staining and found this awesome product by Rust-oleum! 







It was super simple to use, I just squeezed a small amount onto the wood and spread it around with a craft sponge brush. I applied two coats on each piece and it gave me an awesome dark tone. Needless to say I was addicted to this stain and kept asking everyone in the house if they needed anything stained! 



Finally, I painted the interior of the boxes a purple color to make them pop more. I think they came in out awesome! I also grabbed a few chalkboard "tombstones" from the Halloween section because they were on sale and looked like neck forms to me. I like that I can write the prices on them or even a little bit about each piece. And they were way cheaper than the other jewelry props, so that's always good! 


So what do you think? I am planning on posting a "part two" to this with other pieces that I pick up. Do you have any favorite home made prop ideas? Let me know below! 


No comments :